I have had this baked eyeshadow duo with me for quite along time and thought of reviewing it.Here is what I think about it:
PRODUCT CLAIMS:Highlight your eyes with this revolutionary eye shadow, baked on Italian terra cotta tiles enhanced with light reflecting pearls for intense & wearable color. It gives extraordinary shine with a silk finish. Contains high intensity pigments. It can be used dry for a soft day look and wet for a dramatic night look.
• Formulated with light reflecting pearls.
• Extraordinary shine with a silk finish.
• Use it dry for a soft day look and wet for a dramatic night look.
• High-intensity pigments.
PRICE: rs.595 for 4gms
PACKAGING: The packagign is sturdy and travel friendly havigna square shaped with 2 shahdes in dome shape.It has a transpareen flap that helps in seeing the shades.It coesm with a sponge duo sided applicator which is hardly of any use.
SHADE: The duo has two shades of green.One being a lighter,pale silver shimmery green and the other one a deep shimmery bottle green.These are great if used together and blend well to create a decent look.
TEXTURE,FINISH & STAYING POWER: The textur eof the eyeshadows isnt very smooth and need to be layered a lot so that they show on lids.The lighter shade is very sheer and barely visible on eyes.It us only th eshimmer thta is visible.
When used wet,they do intensify a bit but it isnt of much help.However,with a base,they do increase in pigmnetation.
Finish is sheer and very very shimmery.The shimmer present isnt gritty but it is definitely OTT.
Staying power is low and they crease on oily lids.
Also,they have a lot of fallout.
A card is provided showing looks that can be achieved using this duo!! 🙂
- beautiful dark green shade.
- can be used wet as well as dry.
- handy packaging.
- comes with an applicator.
- the shades aren’t chalky.
- first time,baked eyeshadows are launched by an Indian cosmetic company.
- the shimmer present isn’t gritty.
- the shimmer is OTT.
- The lighter shade is very sheer and barely visible.
- crease on oily lids.
- expensive for the quality provided.
- these shades have major fallout.
- the texture is not soft.
- need to be layered several times.
RECOMMENDATION: The shade do look pretty but overall performance is very low.Also,the lighter shade is barely visible and can be used as a highlighter only.I would suggest trying other products from Lakme Absolute range as these eyeshadows are just not upto the claims!!