Meet my HG highlighter girls…you will definitely want to get hold of this…
What It Is:Inspired by our original Candlelight powder, our newest formula offers a more ethereal glow by using PHOTOLITE technology which diffuses harsh light, giving your skin a diffused, youthful luminosity. The powder formula is easy to apply to cheeks, brow bones, and décolleté for a quick all-over glow.
More To Love:
- Professionally Lit: PHOTOLITE technology filters and fractures harsh light to fight the effect of cold lighting which gives skins a washed out or chalky tone.
- Duo Highlighting Shades: The sheer golden powder warms skin tone, while the gilded-rose formula brightens and illuminates.
- Multi-use: Can be used separately for either brightening or warming, or swirled together to warm AND brighten for instant radiance!
Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007). Candlelight Glow (Pink) Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470).
PACKAGING:I love the packaging.It is so classy and attractive.A champagne shade case with light brown base and chandelier
imprinted on the highlighter itself.It is damn pretty!
THE HIGHLIGHTER:The highlighter is basically a duo having a soft pink shade and a champagne shade. Both mixed together bring out soft gold highlighter.
MY VIEWS:Too face candle light glow highlighter can be used for highlighting cheeks, face, and even eyes.The texture is soft and finely milled.It blends well into the skin give a gorgeous glow.The champagne shad is more pigmented than pink one.It has golden sheen that will look great on all skin tone and provides a healthy glow.Staying power is around 5-6 hours.It doesn’t clog pores neither break me out.I apply it using my blush brush with a light hand as it has a frosty finish so can be overdone.
- Multi purpose highlighting product.
- blends uniformly.
- easy to apply.
- will suit all skin tones.
- classy packaging.
- it is finely milled.
- paraben free.
- doesn’t clog pores.
- didn’t break me out.
- it is expensive.
- no brush provided.
- the soft pink shade is less pigmented.
RECOMMENDATION: Highly recommended. My imprint got scratched!!
I loved my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in bronze because of its versatility and the shades that it offers.I can use it as a blusher,highlighter,eyeshadow.
Once i was a Cosmetic shop and chanced to see this gorgeous beauty-Just Gold multi shimmer powder.The lady there told me that it can be used in many ways-just the way Bobbi brown shimmer brick can be used and I could not resist buying it for the fact that I love such products and this one is so affordable.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple and somewhat dull.A square body with a transparent lid.It is easy to locate and travel friendly but i think it might break if fallen!!!The shade number is provided at the back.It had two other varients-one was pink tones and one was somewhat mauve toned.
up:just gold,down: bobbi brown
SHADE: There are 5 shades in this.
- The lightest one is champagne gold that is great for highlighting.
- a shimmery mauve pink.
- a copper pink.
- peach pink.
- shimmery pink-brown.
when swirled together
The same shades are present in the Shimmer brick as well.
OVERALL PERFORMANCE: I must admit,I use this over Bobbi Brown one.The texture is soft and fallout is minimal.
The shades are decently pigmented and when swiped together,a pink brown shade is formed which looks great.
I have used them separately as eyeshadow also and they are easy to use.On a base,they look much better and the shimmer is more settled.
Staying power is around 5-6 hours which is great.It did not clog my pores neither irritate on skin.
COMPARING WITH Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick-Bronze:
- The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is slightly more pigmented that Just Gold.
- Just gold shimmer powder has almost negligible fallout but shimmer brick has .
- staying power is almost the same.
- The shades,when swirled together come out to be more deeper ,more bronze in bobbi brown than in Just gold.
- The shades appear as a bronzer in shimmer brick when swirled together whereas they come out as a subtle blush in Just Gold.
- The packaging of Bobbi Brown is decent and has a mirror too.
- Both can be used a s an eyeshadow.
- both have soft texture.
- Just gold costs rs.500(around 10-12$$) whereas Shimmer brick costs around rs.220042$.!!!!
- just gold isn’t easily available and Bobbi brown shimmer brick can be purchased online!
RECOMMENDATION: For sure!!
I did this look using all the shades of purple-lavender,baby pink,deep purple and of course a true purple!!!
A highlighter in the inner corners of the eye makes the look more glam and adds freshness to the face!!!
Hope you all like this look!!
Do comment and share your views!!
Interested in a step by step tutorial for this look?? Just comment to let me know!!!!
This blush was a part of In The Groove Collection that came in 2010.I didnt buy it but my sister got her first ever makeup product from MAC that was this skin finish.But,as she stays away from cosmetics,i took the opportunity of using it.
It was a limited edition skin finish.
PRICE: Around rs,1800 or so for 10gms.
PACKAGING:The packaging is domed shaped and bigger than the normal blushes available at MAC.The shade name is provided at the back of the skin finish.
SHADE:I would describe this skinfinish as a pink bronze with plum tones.I feel it is more of a blush than a highlighter.
TEXTURE,FINISH & STAYING POWER:The texture is really smooth and finely milled.It blends easily and definitely gives an appearance of a finished and defined look.It is shimmery and can easily be overdone.
When i am using this,i prefer to keep the other things subtle as it looks overdone.It makes my skin look more toned and defined.I like the way it highlights my cheekbones.
The shimmer present isnt gritty nor it is OTT.
It stays for around 7-8 hours and gives a healthy glow to my face.
Please note that i have applied it extra for the purpose of showing!!
- gives a wonderful look to the face.
- decent staying power for about 7-8 hours.
- the shimmer is not gritty.
- the texture is smooth and finely milled.
- simple,fuss-free packaging.
- you get a lot of product.
- gives a defined look to the cheek bones.
- the shade will suit almost all skin tones.
- prone to breakage.
- shimmer might not be liked by everybody.
RECOMMENDATION:I would highly recommend investing in atleast one of the skinfinishes of MAC as they are really worth it.This shade is discontinued but it might come in some other collection.Highly recommeded!!