I love NYX product sand this is one of the first few things that I used from the brand and was impressed by them.
ABOUT:Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing.
• What it is: Highly pigmented, matte lip cream
• What it does: Creates various matte lip looks
• Why we love it: Delightfully creamy and lightweight, our award winning line just expanded with two captivating new shades.
Artist Tips/Suggested Use
• How to use: Apply directly to lips, or over lipstick. Apply with lip liner to define outline of lips.
PACKAGING:The packaging is really attractive and easy to locate.A short body having th same shade as the lipcream and matte black cap.The shade name is provided at the bottom.It has a simple doe fot wand applicator that helsp in application and spreading the lipcream easliy and evenly on lips.
THE SHADE:Addis Ababa is a gorgeous blue based pink.It looks very bright in the tube but comes out beautifuly and toned down on lips.I like the effect and how it brightens up my face.I like pairing this shade with a soft pink blush and it just looks wonderful !!
OVERALL PERFORMANCE: The formula is creamy as it is a lip cram but it settles to a semi matte finish and sometimes, I apply a coat of clear lip gloss over it.It feels comfortable on lips.It can b a bit drying for dry lips but a balm underneath will help.Also,you need to properly exfoliate your lips otherwise it will accentuate dry flaky lips to the most.
I lie the light,non sticky texture.Staying power is great for about 6 hours as the shade is very pigmented.
The shade is decently pigmented and can be used sheerly as well as a full blown statement fuchsia shade!!!Although the shade is bright but it is office friendly as it tones down on lips and gives a wearable look without being statement lip shade.It is upo you,how you want to use it.
The lip cream has faint candy like fragrance that isn’t overpowering.
- Lovely texture.
- attractive and travel friendly packaging.
- glides on easily on lips.
- the wand helps in spreading the shade evenly
- can be used sheer as well as intensely.
- the shade will suit all skin tones.
- it is decently pigmented.
- non sticky in nature.
- light weight formula.
- great for pigmented lips.
- decent staying power.
- easy to locate in vanity.
- no shimmer.
- it can look a but streaky if not applied evenly.
- not easily available.
- will settle in the fine lines if used without a lip balm.
RECOMMENDATION: Definitely a highly recommended product.